Lately, Apple has received some very interesting patents that describe the scope of further fingerprint scanner Touch ID and advanced design plenoptic camera that allows photographers to adjust the focus even after she was done.
Further application Touch ID
Currently Touch ID Is used for only one purpose – identifying the owner of iPhone, allowing it to quickly unlock your mobile gadget, a password-protected Passcode, and confirm their identity to perform some action in the iTunes Store/App Store. But as the last Patent Apple, the company has a lot of ambitious plans for this sensor.
In particular, the apple company did not give Touch ID against some of the opportunities of the trackpad, so it could recognize fingers sliding in different directions. For example, swipe up could be used to activate the multitasking interface, and sliding left or right – to move the cards on the screen:
If the previous example does not look very useful 1 , the following applications will be demanded by users who have something to hide. Apple offers integrated Touch ID directly into the display of the smartphone, allowing some of its area can instantly turn into a fingerprint scanner.
In the example below, each of these regions is marked by a dotted line around the icons to mobile applications. Required for them to run to touch the icon, and then check your iPhone fingerprints and decide – to provide you with access to this program or not:
Also, in this gigantic patent, there are more than 600 pages, lists, and other possible scope Touch ID. Here are some of them:
- More accurate typing on the virtual keyboard, so the sensor will be able to determine how the user touches the screen with your finger;
- If "teach» Touch ID determine the strength and duration of pressing the Home, then the iPhone will be converted into a simple game controller;
- Scroll through the screen or in the application of multi-tasking, sliding your finger on the button Home;
- Provide parental control features work for multimedia content with age ratings;
- Automatically change the font size on the screen for children, the elderly and people with poor eyesight;
- Automatically fill out web forms or web page download personalized depending on who uses your smartphone at the moment;
- Support multiple user profiles in the system, as well as guest accounts;
- Identify the person to confirm authorship of mobile payments and pictures/documents.
Another Patent Apple describes a digital camera with a special adapter that allows you to change the focus on photos after they are taken, and the potential installation of such cameras in mobile gadgets like the iPhone.
A digital camera can be configured to operate as shooting images with low resolution supporting subsequent refocusing or high resolution without such opportunities.
This system includes: a housing Chamber, an image sensor mounted in the housing chamber, with a plurality of pixels for capturing a digital image, a set of lenses for forming an image, and an adapter consisting of an array of microlenses, which may be placed between the lens and the image sensor to switch the above modes.
When this is over microlens array image sensor 2 , the camera operates in the normal mode and allows you to receive a standard high-resolution images.
But it is necessary to put an array of microlenses in front of the image sensor, as The camera will change the mode of operation and will be able to obtain images with low resolution, which can then be re-focus:
For ordinary users the appearance of such a system, the iPhone will mean that they will be able to programmatically fix the wrong focus and turn a bad shot (in the image below – left) into something more acceptable (to the right):
In his patent, Apple refers to plenoptic imaging system used on the camera Lytro, as a source of inspiration. But the Cupertino-based company emphasizes that its own set of different microlens design and provides more quality shots.
- And really, why navigate using the Home, if it has a gorgeous touchscreen with multitouch technology? ?
- In the illustration, it is marked with the patent number 430. ?